Saturday, April 28, 2007

I WANT THIS CAR.

I'm not sure if you've played the RPG from the late 90's, Fallout 2. But there was a car in this game, if you've played it you would know what I'm talking about. This car was not only good for saving you lot's of time in game traveling from one city to another, it also carried you're entire party, had a trunk more than twice the size of Ann Coulters ego, and most of all it might just be the coolest car I have ever laid eyes on to this very day.

And I have wanted one ever since.

It goes by the name Highwayman, by Chrysalis Motors.
With all the classic stylings of an early 60's Caddilac, a paint job that screams: "I'm just littered with nuclear fallout!" and those fins that cut straight to your very soul, I have no choice but to want one just as hard as I can.
All the time.
Forever.

So I've found one:

This here is a 1958 Buick Special. An old solid car powered by a 364 Buick Nailhead and a 2 speed Dyna-glide transmission. Built just for cruising, weather you're on your way to the beach with the family, or just heading on over to New-Reno for a nice little "chat" with some of the locals.
It was/still is on Craigslist, and it took me by surprise. This is it right here, (if it's still there) in all of it's pale blue, rusty glory. Staring deep, deep into my heart from behind those side by side headlamps of the late fifty's. If I had the money, and a place to store it, I would have bought it already, regardless of it's driving condition. I don't even care, this could be a lifelong project car that I never even get running, but I still would be content just to sit in it from time to time.

I have some pictures here of what it could look like in a completely refurbished condition. But I'd much rather have it looking just the way it does in the pictures above. Faded, rusty, authentic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasteland cars are, some might say, the coolest ones. I think that having a rusted out old jeep might jest be the neatest durn thing I can imagine. Well, probably not as neat as a gleaming '05 T-bird, but close.

Unknown said...

By the way, be careful if you park that summabitch in New Reno, they like to nab rides down there.

Aronj001 said...

I never have never really understood your obsession with older cars until now. Old cars are like wine the more time you give them the better they seem to get. Until they turn to vinegar then nobody wants them.